Specialized Epic World Cup Pro Size: M
€9.000,00 inkl. Mwst.
INK FASTEST: The Epic World Cup is the fastest XC race bike in the world on smooth to moderately technical courses thanks to its unmatched combination of efficiency, control, and light-weight. World Champ Christopher Blevins said it best, “This thing gives me everything I could want from a hardtail, plus the control and capability of full suspension.” All it took to create this speed machine was a totally integrated development approach, inventing a radical new shock, and four decades of off-road winning experience.
FRAME OF REFERENCE: To deliver maximum speed through ruthlessly efficient power transfer and precision handling, the Specialized engineering team set and achieved new standards in torsional rigidity and BB stiffness. This feat required an integrated development approach that merged a structurally superior double diamond layout with its shock cradled inside the top-tube, and finished off with the most sophisticated composite layup in Specialized history.
SHOCKINGLY FAST: The Specialized Ride Dynamics team conceived of and invented a revolutionary shock technology for the Epic World Cup that gives the rider the efficiency and snappy response of a hardtail PLUS the control, capability, and momentum-carrying of full suspension—all with a simple setup. Co-developed with RockShox, the SID Deluxe WCID shock utilizes a unique independently adjustable positive and negative air springs to deliver the sought-after hardtail “snap”, combined with terrain-devouring forgiveness, and the ability to easily personalize set-up for a specific course or tune for rider preference and feel. Set it firm and it rides like a hardtail or open it up and you have a chunk-squashing ripper. But you aren’t just limited “open and closed,” the simple nature of its setup allows the rider to set on a spectrum of firm to soft.
PUNCHING ABOVE ITS CATEGORY: The Epic World Cup’s 75mm of rear travel delivers control and capability of a much longer travel bike. Because it’s designed to be ridden at or close to topped-out, it yields the same positive travel as a 100mm travel bike set up with 25% sag. To further optimize suspension performance, the Specialized Ride Dynamics team tuned the spring-rate to be relatively flat through the mid-stroke to handle the majority of bump forces like a longer travel bike. Due to its large size, the custom Mega Jounce Bumper is an “industry first” and plays a crucial role in smoothly managing bottom-out on the biggest impacts.
HAVE SPECIALIZED LOST THEIR MINDS? SORT OF: While the new, and groundbreaking SID Deluxe WCID shock provides the unique blend of support and compliance in the rear, the BRAIN is still alive and well in the fork. Its Position-Sensitive technology allows riders to sag into the fork 15mm for a balanced ride, providing supple small bump compliance and a firm pedaling platform without the need for a remote lockout or levers to flip.
THE WEIGHT IS OVER: With a frame weight of just 1,915 grams (painted with shock and all hardware), the Epic World Cup edges out the lightest of competitors. This translates to faster acceleration, more efficiently climbing, and more agile handling. And all of that adds up to speed. We achieved the featherweight and monster stiffness of the Epic WC by applying what we learned in the development of our Aethos, the lightest production road frame ever made, specifically the advanced composite layup and tube shapes.
THE BIGGEST FLEX IS NO FLEX: The Epic World Cup sports the full suite of Roval Control SL components: 1,240-gram wheelset, 180-gram seat post, and 250-gram integrated cockpit (70mm x 780mm). Each boasting peerless light-weight, stiffness, and control on the World Cup today.
- The all-new Epic World Cup frame features Ride Dynamics Developed suspension technology and 75mm of optimized rear wheel travel. Thanks to its shock technology, Epic World Cup delivers unmatched pedal efficiency and is ready for the roughest descents you can throw at it–no lockout switches required.
- SRAM XO transmission builds on what top riders need in shifting performance and robustness, making it perfectly matched for the brutal demands of modern Cross Country racing.
- An all-new SID SL BRAIN fork provides 110mm of bump muting performance while discerning inputs from the ground or rider to provide ultimate efficiency.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control carbon wheels feature a modern 29mm internal-width hookless rim–maximizing strength, ride quality, and durability–while keeping weight to a minimum.
- Frame: MY23,FRM TLA,MTB,XC FSR K1.2,29,PIVOT,CRBN
- Seat Binder: SEAT COLLAR, KCNC, SPL-SC02-349-02, EXTRUDED, 7075-T73, 34.9MM, 10B21, BLACK ZINC BOLT, BOLT CLAMP TYPE
- SWAT: SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool
- Fork: SRAM FS SID SL BRNTA ULT 29SB SP110GLB01 44C1
- Rear Shock: SRAM RS SIDL WCID 215X40 D0 R85 C24 SS A1
- Saddle: Body Geometry Power Expert
- Handlebars: S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm
- SeatPost: SP TLA,ROVAL,CONTROL,1MM OFFSET,CRBN, 370/415mm;FS
- Stem: Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- Tape: Specialized Trail Grips
- Front Brake: SRAM DB LVLTLM STEALTH DFB FRT DIR; 20P
- Rear Brake: SRAM DB LVLTLM STEALTH SJ DFB RER DIR
- Shift Levers: SRAM AXS POD Controller
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB Threaded Wide
- Chain: SRAM X0
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X0 Eagle Transmission
- Crankset: SRAM X0 Eagle, Quarq Spindle power meter, DUB, 165/170/175mm, 34t
- Cassette: SRAM XS 1295, 12 speed, 10-52
- Chainrings: Steel, 30T
- Rear Hub: Custom DT Swiss, Star Ratchet, XX1 driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 32h
- Spokes: DT Swiss Industry
- Front Tire: FAST TRAK CONTROL 2BR, 29×2.35, T7
- Rear Tire: RENEGADE CONTROL 2BR, 29×2.35, T5
- Rims: RIM,700C,CLINCHER,19MM DP X 27MM INT WIDTH,DISC,DT370SP 28H R,ALY,BLK
- Inner Tubes: Specialized Turbo Tube
- Front Hub: Specialized alloy front hub disc, sealed cardridge bearings, 6-bolt, 15x110mm thru-axle, 32h